Cut and dry – what is the best way to get my home sold for the best price in the shortest amount of time with the most favorable terms?
- Clear the clutter
- Do a thorough cleaning of your home inside and out and keep it that way.
- Keep your entire property in check (yard, gutters, garage, house)
- Fill out your disclosure with as much detail as possible
- Price your home properly
- Don’t have unrealistic expectations, your home may be nice and well maintained, but the market will only bear what it will bear.
Make your Home available & SPARKLE for every showing
“Remember that my motivation to sell your home is a direct reflection of your motivation to sell your home – we are working together for a positive outcome”
“I am in charge of the process – YOU are in charge of the decisions.
Ways to successfully sell your home for the highest price in the shortest time
Today’s Buyer wants a home that is in “move in condition”, and they will walk away from a home that does not “show well” or is in poor condition just as fast as they will walk away from an overpriced property. In many instances it is hard to look at your house objectively because it’s your home, but a Realtor is trained to do just that. Do everything before putting your home on the market
Complete all repairs, improvements, and enhancements prior to your first showing. Remember, your best showings come early in the listing period. Be Ready!
- Plan ahead the lawn can be a real turnoff or a “turn on.”
- It’s a good idea to prune away any trees that distract from the view of your home. Pruning low limbs on trees can make a major difference.
- Keep your lawn cut and neatly trimmed.
Exterior of the buildings
- Consider “power washing” the exterior and walkways, decks, driveways, etc.
- Clean windows and windowsills inside and out.
The Front entry – this is the area that forms the first impression of the house and it really needs your attention.
- Clean carpets.
- If you decide to paint, many Buyers have a hard time looking beyond bold colors. The idea is to get the homes as close to neutral as possible.
- Clean all light fixtures and make sure that all light bulbs are working.
- Odors- if your house has an unpleasant smell it well be very hard to SELL (pets, diapers, garbage, etc.)
- It’s important that all clutter be removed from every room and every closet.
- Packing up some of your collectables both to protect them and give the room a more spacious feeling and appearance.
- Use light to make the home appear more spacious.
- Take time to open drapes and blinds.
- Make sure all lighting are on before a showing.
The Living room/Family Room
- Dust surfaces (including TV screen)
- Straighten coffee table, bookshelves and other areas.
- Vacuum floors and rugs.
- Wipe down ceiling fan blades.
- Mop floors
- Clean appliances. Yes, that includes the inside of the microwave, oven and refrigerator
- Avoid clutter! Clear items from countertops and cabinets.
- Remove papers and photos from the refrigerator.
- Wipe down countertops and cabinets.
- Large master bedrooms are extremely popular today. Make your bedroom appear larger.
- Get rid of clutter.
- Make closets look spacious.
- Remove any items from the floor area
- Empty wastebaskets.
- Remove laundry.
- Clear off countertop and store all personal care products.
- This is a very important part of a home for most Buyers. It is important that it be cleaned and organized just as you would the other rooms in the house.
- Clutter and trash left in the garage destroys the one main thing most people are looking for in a garage – space. Make it look Spacious!
- If your garage is small it is a good idea to leave the car in the driveway during showings.
- A well-lit and well-organized garage appears to be larger and thus adds value to the home.